Turkish, Hungarian desserts and other delicacies you can't resist

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Today's purchase and the books which moves to Stockholm with me

My new happiness: Pastry: Savory and Sweet by Michael Roux. I have made eyes at it for a long time since I have read a lot of good reviews about it at many forums but I have procured only today. There is big happiness now! Recipe books can never be enough. I buy many for myself and I also get many as present.

When I arrived home with the next piece of my collection under my arm I have looked through which books move with me to Stockholm. Some has already been there but let's see what is still here in Budapest.


But let's switch over to Michael Roux's book. This French-born man is one of the most celebrated chefs in UK nowadays. From his bio we can see how joung he started his profession. At the age of 14 he became a patissier, he opened his first restaurant (Le Gavroche) in London in 1967. It was the first restaurant in Great Britain which gained 1, 2 then 3 Michelin stars. His well-known restaurant, the Waterside Inn was opened 5 years later. He got many awards, nominations during the years as appreciation of his work.


In this book Michael Roux covers ten popular types of dough, including short crust, brioche, puff, choux, croissant, and filo, provides step-by-step instructions and kitchen tips that ensure perfect results, everything illustrated with color photographs. When I opened the book for the first time I was smitten with the classic and contemporary recipes for finished pastry dishes (for instance: Quiche Lorraine, Classic Pizza, Apple Tart, Pecan Pie etc.) On the face of it, high quality paper was used for the book, photos and illustrations are excellent, and reading into the recipes it seems the result will be perfect.

These are the first impressions about the book but I will also share my experiences during the making of the certain pastry. 

0 megjegyzés:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Baklavaria, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena